Monday 16 September 2013

It's Been A While

So I've recently discovered Mikky Ekko and what the hell have I been doing my whole life? His style of music is just so amazing and unique. It's like a blend of Imagine Dragons with a dash of Lorde, a sprinkle of Muse, a pinch of AWOLNATION and add some dark, slightly cynical lyrics and a magical musical masterpiece is born. The one line that stands out for me is from my favourite song of his, Sedated, "Sarah choked on a pigeon wing." I don't really get it either but the lyrics kind of remind me of '90s kids where kids are kept "sedated with colour and sound." However cynical and weird that sounds, the song is great and I guess there's part of a strange fruit in me too.

Whenever I listen to his songs I just feel like swaying back and forth with the heavy and lulling beat so if you like Radiohead, Gorillaz, MGMT, Imagine Dragons or any other similar artists, I really suggest you give his music a go :)

x0x0
Angela Sunnny

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment