Monday 1 July 2013

On the topic of expectations

I'm sitting here and thinking, how do I express these thoughts through words? It's not so much that I can't do it but finding a way to do so that fulfills the ever-present criteria of expectation. What if they don't like what I have to say? What if it's not good enough? What if it doesn't live up to their expectations? It's always a challenge to come up with something original and we are judged by what we say or do. Our thoughts and our expressions define the type of person we are from the perspectives of others and maybe that's why it's so scary to voice our opinions. We are scared of how other people judge us and how they view our character; whether they like us or not. I am envious of those people who can easily express themselves and are not afraid of what others may think of them. If only my mind was so carefree. I want to be the best person that I possibly can but I am wary of the ever-present judgement in the eyes of others. Sure, I know that I should just do what makes me happy and what I want but having those thoughts and acting on them are two separate things. I realise that I shouldn't take to heart what strangers think of me but it is my nature to want to be liked and to fulfill the expectations of others. What I need is to find a way to set my mind free from the bars of expectation.


x0x0
Angela Sunnny

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment